PC Based M@th Project for High School Students
Basic Info• The main objective of this project was to improve the quality of mathematics education in secondary schools. This was achieved by targeted instructions with the help of modern software.
• We used the e-learning software M@th Desktop (MD) on the basis of Mathematica, which is a Computer Algebra System. MD supports various teaching styles through its flexible handling.
• In the first year the students gained knowledge of MD, and in the second year they worked on a project of applied mathematics.
• The math project was planned and carried out together with a partner country.
• The students used their math and ICT knowledge to develop, calculate and document mathematical models.
• Our outcome was the presentation of the math projects by the students in the final meeting and
a web page, from which all math projects documents are downloadable.
• The teachers got a sound training for teaching math with the help of modern educational software
and they came to understand the benefits of the "Blended Learning" concept.
• The evaluation was accomplished by two Professors from Universities in Austria and in Portugal.
• The project appeals to high schools in